Suite 65, 4 Montpelier Street, SW7 1EE
0800 505 3215
About Dr Abdul Kamali
Dr Kamali studied medicine at Barts and the London Queen Mary’s School of Medicine and Dentistry. Following medical school he trained as a surgeon and is currently working as a GP in London, allowing him more time to focus on medical education. He first began his work in the medical school admissions process whilst studying at Barts, when he conducted a study with the Deans of Medical Admissions at Cambridge and Barts. This paper demonstrated an increased rate of admissions with the students mentored by Dr Kamali using his unique methods. Following publications in the British Journal of Medical Eduction and presentation at International Conferences, Dr Kamali is bringing his techniques to the masses with our intensive course days and tutoring.
MBBS (University of London) 2004
BSc (1st class Hons) London 2003
Member of Royal College of Surgeons (Edinburgh) 2008
MRCGP (London) 2011
President: SAMDA-BL 2000-2003
Senior tutor: MedSchool-Admissions
- Dr Kamali was on the board for the Commission for Racial Equality and the Council of Heads of Medical Schools (2001) amongst the deans of medical schools, discussing and advising on the way forward for admission policies in medical schools across the UK.
- He has been a medical interview panellist for Barts and the London Medical School.
- He is a member of tubcommittee to the board of medical and dental admissions, Barts and the London medical school
In addition to his work in medical admissions, Dr Kamali’s work has been published in 6 medical journal including in the field of medical admission:
- Hypertension. 46(4): 13, October 2005
- Medical Education 2005; 39: 918-925
- Hepato-Gastroenterology. 52(Suppliment1): A71. August 2005
- Seizure: European Journal of Epilepsy. 13(1):40-4, 2004 Jan
Presented work in following International conferences:
- 5th World Congress of Sports Trauma. April 2008. Hong Kong
- 10th Annula Meeting of ECCR. October 2005. Nice, France
- 15th World Congress of the international association of Surgeons and Gastroenterologists. September 2005. Prague, Czech Republic.